Influences

This is a picture I took of The Louvre in Paris while travelling through Europe for a month. I specifically chose this image as I believe that is represents a number of my influences.
To me travel is important, as it is an opportunity to explore and learn about different cultures.
Also the art which is shown, is a way to express beliefs and emotions through creation in a wide range of forms.

I believe that the Gucci Pre-Fall 2017 campaign, is a large influence due to Alessnadro Michele's use of diversity, by using a cast of all black models. It is extremely important to show diversity in order to end the inequality of ethnicities that has become more and more prevalent in the fashion industry. Also, the campaigns shows the fun and eclectic clothing that the brand is known for, which therefore connects with the consumer. 
https://fashionista.com/2017/04/gucci-pre-fall-2017-campaign


I am interested in architecture because I believe that the shapes of different buildings can not only influence different shapes of clothing, such a Rei Kawakubo's Comme de Garcon, but also can influence campaigns, layouts and how art is presented. I believe, that architecture, like Muralla Roja in Spain, can influence and is influenced by objects that we see and even use in our everyday lives.                     

http://www.fubiz.net/en/2017/01/30/multicolored-architectural-photography-in-spain/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds


Music is a major influence, as I believe that is something that can effect emotions and convey messages through lyrics and sound.
This image is of Frank Ocean from 'The Sounding Off Issue' by I-D Magazine, who is a personal influence of mine. I think that music important as it can influence different industries including fashion. Music is often used in promotion campaigns in order to make it emotive and connect with the consumer.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/ev5bdj/frank-ocean-is-still-dropping-clues-about-rumored-new-album



Another influence is film. Films, similarly to music, can influence a range of different things, including Fashion. The influence of film can be seen in Calvin Klein's SS18 Ready-To-Wear collection, were there is inspiration from films such as Carrie and The Shining, which both originated as novels by Stephen King. I chose a still from my personal favourite film 'Palo Alto', as I think is a an emotive film, which presents a realistic portrayal of life of teenagers.


http://www.sarajamiesondesign.com/palo-alto



Comments